Did you know that National Geographic named St. Augustine as one of the top 10 tourist destinations for 2013? Come discover why on a beautiful island-location on the coast between St. Augustine and Marineland!
Experience island living with the ocean out your window and the Matanzas River on the other side (great views from the top deck). With St. Augustine 15 minutes north across the bay and Marineland 3 miles south across the Matanzas Inlet, and hundreds of activities for everybody within 30 minutes, we don't need to give you the top 10 reasons why this is your perfect destination, we only need to give you 3 to be fully convinced that choosing this highly coveted island condo is the easiest and best choice you can make:
(1) Views, views, views!!! You have all the ease and advantages of being on the ground floor, with all the advantages of having phenomenal beach views!!!! We are one of the only units on Crescent Beach that can brag about having breathtaking beach views and the convenience of being ground floor, because we are the closest complex to the beach. While other complexes are separated from the beach by a large expanse of tall dunes and long boardwalks, our complex sits seven steps from the beach off the pool deck. This close proximity to the beach, means that even though you are ground floor, you're so close to the ocean that you still have amazing views. In addition, we are the second unit from the end (our complex is shaped like a u), so you're even closer to the beach! If you don't want to mess with hauling heavy bags up and down the stairs, or you have a family member that can't do stairs, but you don't want to miss out on the real reason you came here (to soak up the beach), this unit is perfect for you!
2. Convenience, convenience, convenience!!!! Being only 10 steps from the pool (pool is gated, so if you have small children, they can't get into the pool area without you), and then 7 steps off the pool deck to the sand, means you are a stone's throw from the beach. No walking down the stairs and around the complex to get to the beach or pool, just walk out your back door and be on the sand or lounging in the sun in seconds. Plus, don't fight with heavy luggage with a long flight of stairs to your door, or fight with any stairs inside the complex: no stairs in the complex and only one step up to the front door. This is easy one level living. Another huge factor that makes this unit incredibly convenient is having a washer and dryer in the unit! Don't haul your laundry to the laundromat and wait for machines, just throw it in the washer and dryer conveniently located right inside your unit. When at the beach, it seems there is laundry to do every day, having it in your unit will make your life a hundred times easier. Having a washer and dryer in the unit is a rare amenity and perk for these units. Lastly, enjoy the convenience of having a master bathroom in your bedroom. Only in downstairs units in this complex will you find that master bedrooms have their own private bathroom. Don't share with your friends or family, enjoy your own space. Another convenience factor is the safety grab bars in shower and tub...very handy for children and older people for entering and exiting that bath. Lastly, just outside our door is temporary parking for unloading your bags and groceries, etc. Our entrance door is about 15 feet from the unloading zone in the parking lot.
3. Design, design, design. Not only will you enjoy the breathtaking views out your window, and the convenience of one level living, but you will do it all in a space that has been recently remodeled and beautifully designed. Comfortable beachy furnishings, great walls of artwork, and well chosen decor throughout will make you feel comfortable and fall in love with this unit. Large granite countertops give you plenty of room to prepare food. Stainless steel appliances and beautifully cabinetry give the fully equipped kitchen a high-end modern feel. Big screen HDTV in the living room and comfortable sofa might compete with the amazing views out your window. PLUS-- enjoy new HDTV in the master bedroom and let the kids watch their own shows on the smart TV in the second bedroom. Private patio, table, and four chairs (can easily sit six at table with patio chairs) will call your name at every meal...Why eat inside, when you can enjoy dinner and the ocean breeze at the same time? Bathrooms have been completely remodeled with modern vanities, beautiful tile work, and impressive shell-like tile accents. Other perks this unit has: Comcast triple play, remote telephones, and use of reclining beach chairs and beach towels. From top to bottom, this unit has beautiful design and great furnishings!
WHY CRESCENT SANDPIPER COMPLEX IS UNBEATABLE:
LESS THAN A MINUTE FROM UNIT TO BEACH:
- We are one of only two complexes on this beach that are RIGHT ON THE BEACH-- just seven steps off the pool deck at the center of our complex to sand.
- We built before restrictions forced everyone else to build behind the sand dunes. Thus all other complexes besides our sister property have long stretches of dunes and hard wooden boardwalks over those dunes—our “boardwalk” is made of sand.
- We're less than 60 seconds from your door to beach, making your trek with beach gear an easy and fast one!
- Being steps from the beach also means we have the best views on the beach!
- Our unbeatable proximity to sand and water, combined with the fact that our complex is shaped like a U so that nobody blocks anyone else’s view, means our views are unrivaled by other complexes!
- Don’t be fooled by some people’s claims to “beachfront” or to have a great “ocean view”— our view is not a corner of the room—or hanging over a balcony to get a glimpse of water— every unit in the Sandpiper has panoramic views of the beach!
- In addition bringing the sounds of the sea indoors is as easy as opening your windows or doors to hear the waves roll outside.
LESS CROWDS AT OUR COMPLEX:
- Unlike some complexes that have hundreds of units- this complex has only 51 units, with about half of those units available to rent and the other half being people's private vacation homes that often sit vacant. As such, you won't see hundreds of guests from this complex taking up the beach space by the condo or crowding the pool and courts.
- We also don't rent to groups of young adults (guests under 25 years of age), thus we often have a more quiet feel than other complexes.
- Lastly, more often than not our rentals are by the week or month, we are not like a hotel that has a new group coming to party each night.
LESS CROWDS AT OUR BEACH:
- Combined with the fact above that our complex is small with less guests using the beach, our beach often stays slow even in busy times (if you want to feel like you own the beach, ask me when the best time to come is) for a couple of other reasons….
- Crescent Beach is not a commercial type of beach like St. Augustine beach we only have a couple of restaurants on the north end of the beach a mile away from us, thus we don’t get crowds coming to eat and then walk on our beach, likewise we do not have stores on our small stretch of beach—though there are plenty of stores just a couple miles north of us.
- Additionally, we have no hotels on Crescent Beach— so we don’t get nightly guest crowds and partiers coming to our beach.
- Lastly, to the north of our complex is a private vacation home (often sitting vacant), to the south of us is our sister complex similar in size to us, thus we aren’t surrounded by complexes with hundreds of guests that fan out onto our side of the beach.
- Even in our high season our guests comment at how slow and peaceful everything is here.
POOL AREA: We are one of the only complexes on Crescent Beach that has our pool just steps from the sand! Why is this a big deal? When you lay out on our loungers at the pool deck, you feel like you’re out at the beach— the waves are rolling just over your shoulders, the pelicans are soaring overhead and you can fall asleep to the ocean’s melody. At other complexes you are surrounded by buildings and guests— here you’re surrounded by palm trees and ocean views. No need to get sandy on the beach, be a sun worshiper from the comfort of the pool deck but still feel like you’re out at the beach! In addition, a separate kiddie pool with one shallow depth makes for a great place for the little ones to swim without having to dive in after a child that goes too deep.
AMENITIES: Enjoy a game of tennis on our private tennis courts enclosed by thick lush foliage. Shoot some hoops at the basketball court. Enjoy grilling dinner on our electric grills located on the upper deck with ocean views on one side and Intracoastal waterway views on the other (grills, loungers, tables, umbrellas, and chairs are provided). Don’t miss a chance to take in the fiery colors over the Intracoastal as the sun sinks into the water at sunset, then look over your shoulder to simultaneously watch the beach turn to a palette of pastel pinks and blues— there is no better seat on all of Crescent Beach to enjoy the sunset than on the upper deck of the Coquina with panoramic water views on each side of you!
ABOUT CRESCENT BEACH AND SURROUNDING AREA:
This condo is nestled on one of the best kept secrets in the world-- Crescent Beach found on Anastasia Island, located just 15-20 minutes from the quaint historic city of St. Augustine. Crescent Beach has been named one of the most “scenic and unspoiled beaches in Florida.” With soft white sand to play in, shells of all sizes that come in from the waves to find, and a shallow flat coastline to play in the waves, whether you build castles, beach comb, or play in the waves— the beach will keep you busy for hours.
If you decide to leave the beach you can do so to discover over 500 restaurants, more per capita of residents than anywhere else on the east coast, you literally could not try all of St. Augustine’s restaurants in a year’s time, but we welcome you to try. Whether you come to enjoy one of the many golf courses nearby (including TPC Sawgrass), want to try your hand at fishing on piers, from the beach, or from a boat, have an interest in the area’s many museums or love the historic area’s architecture and brick pedestrian-only streets, or prefer the shopping and foodie scene, St. Augustine is a gem that more than one guest has asked us not to share with anyone else!
If you don’t want to venture to the downtown area, the island we are situated on (Anastasia Island, which is considered part of St. Augustine proper), has enough restaurants, grocery stores, surf shops, and activities (such as Marineland where you can swim with dolphins, the Alligator Zoo where you can zip line over alligator enclosures, the famous St. Augustine lighthouse, or a multitude of recreational activities like kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing, boating, etc.) to keep you busy. However, we find, more often than not, it is the lonely beckon call of the beach out your door that has you rebooking. Described by the locals as “the way old Florida used to be,” Crescent Beach still remains slow, quiet, and peaceful like Florida beaches once were. With soft white sand to dig your feet in, shells scattered along the water’s edge to find, sea grass waving in the ocean breeze, turtles lazily digging in the dunes, pelicans surfing the skies, and dolphins playing along the shoreline’s waves, it is this quintessential beach life that fills our souls with longing and brings us back time and time again!
In terms of specific activities (other than everything the beach in your backyard provides), there is something for every single age and interest within 5-25 minutes away from the condo including:
HISTORY: Tons of history and spectacular architecture! We are just 15-20 minutes away from the oldest city in the nation where you will find museums, replicas of old St. Augustine where people are dressed in character and give you a guide through American history, or closer to home you can visit Fort Matanzas by boat just 5 minutes from the condo and hear the old cannons go off.
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES: There are recreational activities in almost every single genre: fishing (from a platoon boat on the Intracoastal, by deep sea fishing boat on the Atlantic, or try fishing off the bridges and piers or from the shore in your backyard), boating, parasailing, kayaking, canoeing, paddleboarding, renting mopeds or scoot coupes, etc.
GOLFING: There are at least five golf courses nearby ranging from the community golf course to the world famous TPC Sawgrass at the World Golf Village.
ANIMAL LOVER ACTIVITIES: There are unique activities for animal lovers: training and swimming with dolphins just five minutes from the condo at Marineland, ziplining over hundreds of alligators ten minutes away at the Alligator Farm, or visiting a privately held wild animal zoo where you can see lions hug their trainers and tigers take bubble baths just 20 minutes away. Just out your door you will find lizards darting in your path, turtles burrowing in the dunes out your window, dolphins jumping in the shoreline, cranes and pelicans fishing for breakfast, along with plenty of animal life that washes ashore including: jellyfish, starfish, coral, crabs, we've even seen small sharks washed ashore after a big storm (I've never seen sharks swimming in the waves in the 18 years I've been here).
SHOPPING GALORE: You can spend a lot of time and even more money at two huge outlet malls just across the road from one another 20 minutes away or spend your money on local wares and gifts for people at home on the pedestrian only brick street of St. George street downtown 15-20 minutes away. Near the condo within 5-10 minutes you have plenty of shopping at surf shops, seashell shacks, and grocery shopping at stores like Walgreens, Publix, Wynn Dixie, Family Dollar, etc.
TOURISTY STORES: Downtown historic area has all of your traditional tourist activities including a multitude of fun ways to tour the city (think chocolate and dining tours, or tours by trolley and horse carriage). The lighthouse is an easy climb and a great way to get a panoramic view of the city and to learn about lighthouses.
My name is Marisa, and I am the manager that will work with you personally on your stay. For almost two decades I have been coming to this complex as my own island retreat paradise and discovering new restaurants, taking new adventures, engaging in new experiences, and seeing the island through both tourists' and locals' eyes! I haven't come close to running out of things yet, and would love to help you plan your trip by giving you the local tips on where to eat and what to do to soak up everything this corner of the world has to offer. So come, accept our invitation, come to what will feel like home and make you never want to leave.
- Linens Provided
- Bird Watching
- Satellite / Cable
- Attractions - Churches
- Theme Away From It All
- Attractions - Coin Laundry
- Theme Romantic
- Theme Historic
- Towels Provided
- Theme Tourist Attractions
- Theme Luxury
- Theme Family
- Theme Adventure
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Pier Fishing
- Attractions - Festivals
- Attractions - Health Beauty Spa
- Ocean View
- Iron and Board
- Internet - Hi Speed
- Gas Grill
- Attractions - Library
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Fishing Surf
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Attractions - Marina
- Communal Pool
- Coffee Maker
- Attractions - Museums
- Attractions - Rec Center
- Attractions - Cinemas
- Attractions - Winery Tours
- Attractions - Zoo
- Central Heat
- Basketball Court
- Beach View
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room
- Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
Availability & Booking Calendar
State - 6.50%
Cleaning Fee - $120.00
Submit your review
We have been coming to Crescent Beach for the past 6 years and this is our favorite condo by far! The accomodations are nice and the condo is always clean when we arrive. The kitchen and bathrooms have all been updated and the kitchen is stocked with all the dishes and utensils you could need. The washer and dryer are a nice bonus. The mattresses are very comfortable and full beds in the guest room are a nice extra over the normal twin beds. The best part is the proximity to the beach, it is literally less than a 60 second walk to the beach. You can sit on the patio and easily watch the sunrise. It is a great complex, well maintained and not too big, so the pool and beachfront are never crowded. Marisa is great to work with and the rental process is always smooth and easy. We love it here and can't wait to come back next summer.
Good time of year, good location. Minutes to St Augustine , good time to visit because tourist population was reduced from summer . Condo far enough away to provide very relaxed vacation. Steps to pool and beach. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
This condo is amazing! Well equipped, right on the beach, you can hear the waves from every room! The location is perfect for walking the beach, golf is easily accessible, restaurants close by and hiking in a few parks. We loved our stay!
The condo had everything one would need...The location to the swimming pool and beach is the best...The view of the ocean from the condo is second to none. Marisa was excellent to work with concerning the rental of this unit. We will be back in the near future....
We walked into this unit and immediately felt at home. From unloading the car right outside the door (We were staying for a month) with no stairs or elevators to deal with to the beautiful view when you step into the unit, everything was perfect. If you're looking for a quiet, peaceful and exquisitely well maintained and manicured complex, Crescent Sandpiper and this unit will not disappoint you. The furniture is very comfortable, kitchen is well equipped and the washer/dryer in the unit was an added bonus. Marisa does an exceptional job of handling all the details from start to finish. You will find her to be very thorough, prompt and professional as well as offering a wealth of knowledge about the local attractions. This was our first time visiting northeast Florida and we look forward to going back in the future.
Unit was exactly as described and pictured. It was clean, well furnished and a great location. Very quiet inside; enjoyed seeing the sunrises right from the patio and the closeness to the ocean (sight and sound) and pool. The rental process and entry was very easy; directions to it were precise, and the loading/unloading zone was perfect for a handicapped person. The master bed was very comfortable and we loved the walk-in shower. We enjoyed meals at Osteens and Red Frog. Shopping and restaurants are a short drive. All of the reviews about the unit and Marisa are 100% accurate. We would stay here again and recommend it to anyone with mobility issues.
We had a great time! The unit was beautiful, CLEAN, and the walk to the beach/pool area was nothing! It was so nice to walk outside and be right at the pool and just a few more additional steps be able to access the beach. My daughter had a great time at the kiddie pool and even the big pool. The pool was nice and blue and the deck area was clean. When we went to the beach it was never crowded and so peaceful. Everything Marisa Dye said about this unit was what we experienced. She was very helpful with all of my many questions including finding the perfect unit for my 84 year old Grandma who can't walk very far.
This condo is well furnished with everything you need for a week at the beach. Beach chairs, boogie boards and games are included, too. My grandchildren ages 5 and 10 were easily entertained at the pool and on the beautiful wide beach. The property including the pools are meticulously maintained. We have been coming here for 30 years and love Crescent beach as well as the activities in Saint Augustine. Gatorland, Osteens and a fishing trip are a must each year.
This is the second year we have rented this Condo for our Family Beach vacation. The inside is nicely furnished and well maintained. You can pull you car right to the backdoor to unload you suitcases and beach gear. This condo is in one of the best locations. You can watch your kids at the pool right from your back door. We have stayed in a number of different condos along the St Augustine/Crescent Beach and this is our favorite by far.
This beautiful condo had my discriminating well traveled family smiling the moment they walked in the door. The condo is nicely furnished, clean and has comfortable beds and a well stocked kitchen. Everything that you could possibly need is there (beach towels, beach chairs, binoculars). The location of the unit is fantastic. It's at the back which provides added privacy and easy access to the pool and the beach. One of our family members uses a walker and had no problem getting around. The master bedroom has an en suite bathroom which gives additional privacy. I can't say enough good things about Marisa, the manager of the unit. She was attentive and extremely accommodating before and during the trip. The owners also checked in to make sure everything was to our liking. Having a washer/dryer in the unit was a big plus at the beach. We will definitely be returning.