This beach retreat is a delightful dichotomy of what we love most about the coast: a haven that connects its residents to quiet and serenity, and a base camp of beach adventure and exploration. Thus, this unit is the ideal spot for both your quiet escape from the cold weather or stressful rush of life, as well as the perfect place to discover why St. Augustine and Crescent Beach are some of the best kept secrets in the US!
Totally renovated!!! You will enjoy clean, simple, unfussy decor that highlights the phenomenal Ocean views out your windows! Details of this unit are:
· Kitchen has new appliances, custom cabinets, and designer quartz countertops with extraordinary views of the beach and pool
· New crown molding, trim and beautiful white tongue & groove ceilings give this condo an upscale and clean coastal look
· This is a 2nd floor unit with phenomenal views of the pool, beach and ocean!
· Layout: Main Floor- Upscale Kitchen, Custom Built Dining Nook (seats 8), ¾ Guest Bath, Living Room, and Balcony; Upstairs- Full Bathroom, Master Bedroom w/ King Bed (has great views of the beach out your window), Second Bedroom w/ two Full Beds;
· Great interior design throughout (living room furniture has been custom built to all go together)
· New wide screen HDTV's in living room and master bedroom.
This unit also features FREE secure high-speed cable wifi dedicated to this unit. NOTE: There is no land-line phone in this unit.
WHY COQUINA COMPLEX IS UNBEATABLE:
LESS THAN A MINUTE FROM UNIT TO BEACH:
- We are one of only two complexes on this beach that are RIGHT ON THE BEACH-- just seven steps off the pool deck at the center of our complex to sand.
- We built before restrictions forced everyone else to build behind the sand dunes. Thus all other complexes besides our sister property have long stretches of dunes and hard wooden boardwalks over those dunes—our “boardwalk” is made of sand.
- We're less than 60 seconds from your door to beach, making your trek with beach gear an easy and fast one!
- Being steps from the beach also means we have the best views on the beach!
- Our unbeatable proximity to sand and water, combined with the fact that our complex is shaped like a V so that nobody blocks anyone else’s view, means our views are unrivaled by other complexes!
- Don’t be fooled by some people’s claims to “beachfront” or to have a great “ocean view”— our view is not a corner of the room—or hanging over a balcony to get a glimpse of water— every unit in the Coquina has panoramic views of the beach!
- In addition bringing the sounds of the sea indoors is as easy as opening your windows or doors to hear the waves roll outside.
LESS CROWDS AT OUR COMPLEX:
- Unlike some complexes that have hundreds of units- this complex has only 42 units, with about half of those units available to rent and the other half being people's private vacation homes that often sit vacant. As such, you won't see hundreds of guests from this complex taking up the beach space by the condo or crowding the pool and courts.
- We also don't rent to groups of young adults (guests under 25 years of age), thus we often have a more quiet feel than other complexes.
- Lastly, more often than not our rentals are by the week or month, we are not like a hotel that has a new group coming to party each night.
LESS CROWDS AT OUR BEACH:
- Combined with the fact above that our complex is small with less guests using the beach, our beach often stays slow even in busy times (if you want to feel like you own the beach, ask me when the best time to come is) for a couple of other reasons….
- Crescent Beach is not a commercial type of beach like St. Augustine beach we only have a couple of restaurants on the north end of the beach a mile away from us, thus we don’t get crowds coming to eat and then walk on our beach, likewise we do not have stores on our small stretch of beach—though there are plenty of stores just a couple miles north of us.
- Additionally, we have no hotels on Crescent Beach— so we don’t get nightly guest crowds and partiers coming to our beach.
- Lastly, to the north of our complex is a private vacation home (often sitting vacant), to the south of us is our sister complex similar in size to us, thus we aren’t surrounded by complexes with hundreds of guests that fan out onto our side of the beach.
- Even in our high season our guests comment at how slow and peaceful everything is here.
POOL AREA: We are one of the only complexes on Crescent Beach that has our pool just steps from the sand! Why is this a big deal? When you lay out on our loungers at the pool deck, you feel like you’re out at the beach— the waves are rolling just over your shoulders, the pelicans are soaring overhead and you can fall asleep to the ocean’s melody. At other complexes you are surrounded by buildings and guests— here you’re surrounded by palm trees and ocean views. No need to get sandy on the beach, be a sun worshiper from the comfort of the pool deck but still feel like you’re out at the beach! In addition, a separate kiddie pool with one shallow depth makes for a great place for the little ones to swim without having to dive in after a child that goes too deep.
AMENITIES: Enjoy a game of tennis on our private tennis courts enclosed by thick lush foliage. Shoot some hoops at the basketball court. Enjoy grilling dinner on our electric grills located on the upper deck with ocean views on one side and Intracoastal waterway views on the other (grills, loungers, tables, umbrellas, and chairs are provided). Don’t miss a chance to take in the fiery colors over the Intracoastal as the sun sinks into the water at sunset, then look over your shoulder to simultaneously watch the beach turn to a palette of pastel pinks and blues— there is no better seat on all of Crescent Beach to enjoy the sunset than on the upper deck of the Coquina with panoramic water views on each side of you!
ABOUT CRESCENT BEACH AND SURROUNDING AREA:
This condo is nestled on one of the best kept secrets in the world-- Crescent Beach found on Anastasia Island, located just 15-20 minutes from the quaint historic city of St. Augustine. Crescent Beach has been named one of the most “scenic and unspoiled beaches in Florida.” With soft white sand to play in, shells of all sizes that come in from the waves to find, and a shallow flat coastline to play in the waves, whether you build castles, beach comb, or play in the waves— the beach will keep you busy for hours.
If you decide to leave the beach you can do so to discover over 500 restaurants, more per capita of residents than anywhere else on the east coast, you literally could not try all of St. Augustine’s restaurants in a year’s time, but we welcome you to try. Whether you come to enjoy one of the many golf courses nearby (including TPC Sawgrass), want to try your hand at fishing on piers, from the beach, or from a boat, have an interest in the area’s many museums or love the historic area’s architecture and brick pedestrian-only streets, or prefer the shopping and foodie scene, St. Augustine is a gem that more than one guest has asked us not to share with anyone else!
If you don’t want to venture to the downtown area, the island we are situated on (Anastasia Island, which is considered part of St. Augustine proper), has enough restaurants, grocery stores, surf shops, and activities (such as Marineland where you can swim with dolphins, the Alligator Zoo where you can zip line over alligator enclosures, the famous St. Augustine lighthouse, or a multitude of recreational activities like kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing, boating, etc.) to keep you busy. However, we find, more often than not, it is the lonely beckon call of the beach out your door that has you rebooking. Described by the locals as “the way old Florida used to be,” Crescent Beach still remains slow, quiet, and peaceful like Florida beaches once were. With soft white sand to dig your feet in, shells scattered along the water’s edge to find, sea grass waving in the ocean breeze, turtles lazily digging in the dunes, pelicans surfing the skies, and dolphins playing along the shoreline’s waves, it is this quintessential beach life that fills our souls with longing and brings us back time and time again!
In terms of specific activities (other than everything the beach in your backyard provides), there is something for every single age and interest within 5-25 minutes away from the condo including:
HISTORY: Tons of history and spectacular architecture! We are just 15-20 minutes away from the oldest city in the nation where you will find museums, replicas of old St. Augustine where people are dressed in character and give you a guide through American history, or closer to home you can visit Fort Matanzas by boat just 5 minutes from the condo and hear the old cannons go off.
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES: There are recreational activities in almost every single genre: fishing (from a platoon boat on the Intracoastal, by deep sea fishing boat on the Atlantic, or try fishing off the bridges and piers or from the shore in your backyard), boating, parasailing, kayaking, canoeing, paddleboarding, renting mopeds or scoot coupes, etc.
GOLFING: There are at least five golf courses nearby ranging from the community golf course to the world famous TPC Sawgrass at the World Golf Village.
ANIMAL LOVER ACTIVITIES: There are unique activities for animal lovers: training and swimming with dolphins just five minutes from the condo at Marineland, ziplining over hundreds of alligators ten minutes away at the Alligator Farm, or visiting a privately held wild animal zoo where you can see lions hug their trainers and tigers take bubble baths just 20 minutes away. Just out your door you will find lizards darting in your path, turtles burrowing in the dunes out your window, dolphins jumping in the shoreline, cranes and pelicans fishing for breakfast, along with plenty of animal life that washes ashore including: jellyfish, starfish, coral, crabs, we've even seen small sharks washed ashore after a big storm (I've never seen sharks swimming in the waves in the 18 years I've been here).
SHOPPING GALORE: You can spend a lot of time and even more money at two huge outlet malls just across the road from one another 20 minutes away or spend your money on local wares and gifts for people at home on the pedestrian only brick street of St. George street downtown 15-20 minutes away. Near the condo within 5-10 minutes you have plenty of shopping at surf shops, seashell shacks, and grocery shopping at stores like Walgreens, Publix, Wynn Dixie, Family Dollar, etc.
TOURISTY STORES: Downtown historic area has all of your traditional tourist activities including a multitude of fun ways to tour the city (think chocolate and dining tours, or tours by trolley and horse carriage). The lighthouse is an easy climb and a great way to get a panoramic view of the city and to learn about lighthouses.
My name is Marisa, and I am the manager that will work with you personally on your stay. For almost two decades I have been coming to this complex as my own island retreat paradise and discovering new restaurants, taking new adventures, engaging in new experiences, and seeing the island through both tourists' and locals' eyes! I haven't come close to running out of things yet, and would love to help you plan your trip by giving you the local tips on where to eat and what to do to soak up everything this corner of the world has to offer. So come, accept our invitation, come to what will feel like home and make you never want to leave.
- Linens Provided
- Bird Watching
- Satellite / Cable
- Attractions - Churches
- Theme Away From It All
- Attractions - Coin Laundry
- Theme Romantic
- Theme Historic
- Towels Provided
- Theme Tourist Attractions
- Theme Luxury
- Theme Family
- Theme Adventure
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Pier Fishing
- Attractions - Festivals
- Attractions - Health Beauty Spa
- Ocean View
- Iron and Board
- Internet - Hi Speed
- Gas Grill
- Attractions - Library
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Fishing Surf
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Attractions - Marina
- Communal Pool
- Coffee Maker
- Attractions - Museums
- Attractions - Rec Center
- Attractions - Cinemas
- Attractions - Winery Tours
- Attractions - Zoo
- Central Heat
- Basketball Court
- Beach View
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room
- Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
Availability & Booking Calendar
State - 6.50%
Cleaning Fee - $120.00
Submit your review
Condo is in excellent condition, decor pleasing and has been updated, views from balcony and bedroom are amazing. The location on Cresent Beach can't be beat, far enough from town that traffic is not a problem. Pool and beach access is simple and very good. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning soon.
The condo was lovely but there was not really any sun on the balcony. The view was beautiful from the 2 chairs. The complex is nice and we enjoy the tennis courts. Pool is good with a nice sun deck and a sun patio on the upper level. The weather was a bit cool but we managed a few days of sun. The beach is wide just watch out for all the fishermen. Put a damper on the view. Fairly close by car to restaurants, grocery store and St. Augustine. This was our second visit to the complex and we may return in the future. Owner was very responsive to maintenance issues.
Unit was totally clean on check in. Kitchen nicely supplied with broad variety of appropriate hardware - and not the cast off junk we sometimes see. Unit was nicely decorated in a low key calming not-in-your-face beach mode. Ocean view was adequate for watching the waves roll in. Owners info and responses were excellent. The condo building was peaceful and the neighbors, well, neighborly. Great section of broad beach with full view sunrise pleasure.
Condo B208 - 2 story (2nd & 3rd floors) with great views of Ocean and pool area. Easy access to beach from pool deck was about 15 feet away to put feet in sand. One bedroom had two dbl beds - overlooks parking lot - the "master" BR was at back overlooking ocean / pool. All linens and other essentials were clean and in proper storage... Unit had private WiFi in addition to condo Wifi. Plenty of parking available. Quartz countertops and new leather sofa and loveseat in main living room. Needing attention: Carper on stairs and 2nd floor needs to be replaced, water controls in upstairs bathtub need repair... Would also add a light by front door. Ease of process to make reservations and manager access was excellent. Communication from Marisa was easy to understand and informative including points of interest for the Crescent Beach area. Would recommend to small family or couple seeking beach experience - drive on beach (for 4X4 vehicles) is a plus fun thing for this area of FLA....
The condo was amazing. We had a wonderful week long stay. The view the atmosphere everything about this place is wonderful. It is so close to st Augustine and some amazing resteraunts. Obi's filling station has the best burger. Osteens has the best fried seafood and shrimp. Will definitely be back!!
My family and I rented this condo for the July 4th week. Our unit was clean and had an excellent ocean view. The unit had been completely upgraded compared to some of the others we have rented in the past and lacked nothing. This is a great place for a family vacation or beach lovers.
We truly enjoyed our stay at Coquina Condos. Our unit was clean and had an excellent ocean view. Great place for a family vacation. The beach was not crowded and the condos are family friendly. Another plus was being close enough to St. Augustine that we were able to go in to town and check out some of the historical sites. I highly recommend staying here. We will be back!
We had an amazing stay at this condo! It was very clean and well-stocked. With little kids, it was important to us to stay somewhere where we felt comfortable and this condo made us feel very much at home! The views were gorgeous and we loved being so close to the beach! Our 2 and 4 year old loved the kiddie pool as well. Marisa was great to work with and always promptly responded to emails. We would definitely recommend this to anyone and would love to stay here again!
Our new favorite place!!! Already booking for next year. Absolutely beautiful beach! Great accommodations, everything we needed! ❤️💜💚💗
My week in this unit was so peaceful and serene. Sitting on the balcony watching the waves was so calming, just the escape I was looking for. It was so conveniently located for wonderful sightseeing in St. Augustine as well as beautiful drives along the beach. Highly recommend!